Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Glitter Nails

ELF Golden Goddess, Kiss Pearl Blue, Sally Girl Glitter Midnight Blue

I got this glitter about a year ago and I never knew what to do with it then I got the idea to use it on my nails. But there was a problem. I was taking a printmaking class this semester and the ink easily messes up my nails. So I felt it wasn't worth it to do it then but now that the semester is over I tried it out. Here's what I came up with.

Started out by taping half my nails diagonally with some Scotch tape after my base coat was dried.


Here's what my nails looked like after I painted them. The lines weren't perfect but that's okay because it was going to get covered with quite a bit of glitter.

The ring finger with the gold glitter polish didn't work out how I wanted it to! Oh well. You live and learn I suppose.

Loose glitter is pretty messy but here's how it looked after I applied my top coat. I had to wait for that to dry completely so I could wash the remaining glitter off with water and a washcloth.

No comments:

Post a Comment